If you are a local Chicago resident, please call Matt at (417) 380-5243 or Mike at (417) 380-5244 to book the local rate. Local Pricing (no lodging): $1695 1-3 Persons, $1595 for 4 + Persons
Tasty Catering Hosts a Power-Packed 2 Day Workshop
April 19-20, 2017
October 4-5, 2017
About The Event
This two-day workshop is designed to give you a glimpse into the successes of a company that has fully implemented The Great Game! Think about this: How different would your company look if you doubled revenues? What impact would a 6x increase in profit growth have on your business? How would your company culture improve if your employees were more engaged?
Companies, like Tasty Catering, that have fully implemented The Great Game have seen these types of results consistently. Join us in Chicago to pinpoint important insights that can produce rapid financial results and lasting culture change for you!
About Tasty Catering
Esteemed practitioner, Tasty Catering is a company that attributes its 99% employee engagement rating and 98% employee retention rate to playing The Great Game(a percentage almost unheard of in the foodservice industry). Tasty Catering was also named one of Forbes Magazine’s 2016 List of Best Small Companies in America.
For more information or to book the local rate, please call Matt at (417) 380-5243 or Mike at (417) 380-5244.
- Learn the fundamental principles and practices of open-book management from expert GGOB Trainers.
- Hear a keynote of firsthand challenges and rewards from an outside GGOB Practitioner.
- See the Game come alive by sitting in on a Huddle at Tasty Catering; watch as employees report and forecast company financials.
- Talk with frontline employees about Great Game culture during a facility tour and a panel discussion.
- Share ideas and challenges with like-minded entrepreneurs across a variety of industries.
- Discover how The Game can be adapted to fit any organization.
Who Should Attend
- Entrepreneurs determining if open-book management is right for their organization.
- Business owners who want to see how open-book management works in the service industry.
- Key influencers at companies beginning to explore open-book management.
- New and current employees at open-book companies.